The Student News Site of Archmere Academy

The Green Arch

The Green Arch

The Green Arch

Blue Zone
Blue Zone
April 9, 2024

Briggs Adobe Class

Depicted is an artwork done by Griffin Merenda ‘26 for the photo series project.

A new art class has recently taken the Archmere manor by storm: Adobe Creative Suite (or in short, Adobe). Finding a place in the Manor computer lab, the class is designed to introduce students to the world of digital art and provide them with a portfolio of digital work. As stated by Adobe’s teacher, Ms. Briggs, “It’s the perfect opportunity for everyone from beginners to experienced tech students to expand their digital visual skills.”  Specifically, students will be expanding these skills by using apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects to create digital art.

In addition to a new class, Archmere has also welcomed a new teacher to lead it, Ms. Briggs. Having minored in Video and Film, she has a lot of experience in the digital realm and is excited to be teaching this new art class. She is most excited to teach her students how to use video and motion design-based software, declaring, “To actually create your own moving images with intention and creativity gives you a new perspective and appreciation for them.”

As of now, Adobe’s students have completed four projects: a personal collage, an InDesign page based on a popular graphic designer, a photo series, and a name logo design. Currently, the class is collaborating with the Archmere Marketing department to design this year’s Christmas card with many more projects to come.