The Student News Site of Archmere Academy

The Green Arch

The Green Arch

The Green Arch

Blue Zone
Blue Zone
April 9, 2024

HUMAN #1: Alexander Bogey

Anna Benner ’24
Alex Bogey struts his style in the beginning of his senior year.

Q: How do you participate in the Archmere community?

A: “I participate in a lot of extracurriculars and clubs. Right now, I am president of the Scuba Club and I also have a major role in video announcements. I like to do stuff that I find engaging… I like making segments because it’s fun editing it together and also giving people an opportunity to (be entertained) and make their lunch a little better.” 

Q: What is your dream day at Archmere? 

A: “Probably a day where I get to do a lot of stuff- I usually come to school at 7:30 (and) where I have time to meet friends, go to a lot of classes I like. I usually like it when I have art and band on the same day; it offers a nice break from strenuous classes. I also like to have a nice extracurricular after school–maybe helping out in the theater with the play or doing swimming or just hanging out with people.” 

Q: Where would you like to be in 10 years? 

A: “That is a big question… I would like to graduate from college, have a nice job pursuing something I will be happy with. I haven’t decided on a college major but I would like to have a job where I can hang out with good people, and be happy going to work every single day. Hopefully living a meaningful life. And financially stable too.” 

Q: What is a fun fact most people don’t know about you? 

A: “Well, I was a Boy Scout for a really long time. I joined Cub Scouts when I was in first grade–I was a tiger scout. And I stayed with the program for a very long time and I became Eagle actually right before Covid, before my fourteenth birthday… I also have a love of pursuing merit badges and I have about 100+ right now and it is something that I enjoy very much, and it is a feat that not many people have accomplished. It’s just something that I love to do… I have learned a lot through the process and it really has changed me as a human being because I was never really much of a sporty guy when I was younger so Boy Scouts gave me the opportunity to have an excuse to go outside and do whatever.” 

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve? 

A: “Probably when you’re in public and someone is on their phone watching TikTok or YouTube without headphones. It’s okay if you’re showing someone else a video but like if the person is all the way up, we don’t need to hear your podcasting you know.”