Spring Sports Fire Up Athletes

Ava Soscia '24, Staff Reporter

As the days are getting longer and the temperature is rising, students know what is coming closer and closer. Archmere stu- dents specifically get most excited for this time of the year–not just because school is ending, or spring break is coming near, but because of the spring activities Archmere Academy brings to student life.

Spring sports are the most popular, well-liked activities by all of the students. Whether their sport consists of running in continuous laps around the track every- day, heading to the tennis courts, getting a birdie, hitting a home run, or scoring a goal, spring sports are enjoyed by every- body. Last year Archmere Academy held the title of six DSAC championships, and witnessed strong battles and efforts from each athlete. But the success won’t end in 2022, because this year’s athletes and coaches are more fired up for their seasons than ever.

Girl’s soccer coach Kyle Bardeer has successfully taken his team through two back-to-back semi-finals and is more ex- cited than ever for this 2023 soccer season. Bardeer explained how the 2022 season was laid out perfectly: the girls beat rival St.Marks, but lost to them in the semi-finals. This loss was frustrating for Bardeer, as he knew that the girls could have won as they were prepared to beat the St.Mark’s team. That loss doesn’t discourage Bardeer, or the girls on the soccer team at all: it encourages them to feel confident that this 2023 season is the year to finally bring the state title into the hands of Archmere girls soccer .